Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Innocent Guy!

It was a Saturday and we spent the entire day like an ideal weekend day. By the evening, we decided to go for a movie… checked online tickets for the same but unfortunately, there was massive traffic on the website so we had to rush to the Multiplex quickly. My husband decided to go for parking and I ran to the Box-office to buy our tickets. Reaching there, I just thought to check my wallet first whether I have ample money or not. My luck was again unfavorable to me as I was falling short by just 100 bucks and my turn to buy tickets till then had come. I decided to pay through my card but the guy on counter told me that unfortunately, their swipe machine was out of order. I felt like kicking him.
The ATM center was just 10 steps away so I decided to withdraw the money first. I was fourth in the row. Before me, was a girl standing who was showing off her makeup a bit much... stylish curly hair and her Kohl eyes. And ahead her, was standing a decently dressed guy. By the time of this observation, the first guy in the line entered the ATM center and had withdrawn his amount. Then the decently dressed guy went inside and closed the door. He kept on playing with Machine and didn’t come out for 2-3 minutes. I was so impatient that I just wanted to go up there and shout as to what on earth is taking him so much time to withdraw the money. Just after my thought, he came out with an innocent smile and asked the stylish girl ‘ paisa nikal nahi raha hai’. She answered in ‘SORRY’ as if she didn’t understand Hindi. He again said innocently ‘ hamare card se paisa kaise niklega madam, zara dekh lijiye’. She was smart enough to take advantage of this opportunity… she went inside with him and took out her card and swiped it. Showed him the entire procedure only once and went away with her money. The innocent guy’s expressions were the proof that he could not understand a single bit yet he was smiling. Instantly came to my mind for the girl's behavior “How selfish!”
Now was my turn to get in. I went inside. I gave him a serious look. He understood and went to the corner. This expression of him did the right effect on me and I asked him ‘kya hua? Paisa nahi nikal raha aapka?’. He smiled and nodded in a "NO". I withdrew my money and asked him to swipe the card. He said, ‘Madam! Pichli baar ye card machine ke andar chala gaya tha aur is baar andar kidhar se daale samjh nahi aa raha’. I smiled and said, ‘ye machine alag hai, isme card sirf swipe karna hai.’ He didn’t understand “Swipe” and tried to repeat it which sounded “sabipe”. I tried to translate Swipe in Hindi but couldn’t get the correct word (time was running out).. So just said “card ko isme se chalana padta hai”. He smiled..
I asked him to feed the password and amount and completed the rest of the process for him. After this, we came out and he gave me a thankful expression. I gave a brief smile and told him, “do tarah ki machine hoti hai, ek mein card ko andar daalna padta hai aur dusre mein sirf aise chalane se kaam ho jaata hai”. He smiled and said, “ Ji! Hum dheere-dheere seekh lenge”. He bid a NAMASTE to me and I just nodded my head for the same. He went away and I lined up myself in the queue. Just a thought came to my mind that things which we are grown up with, which we can’t live without are still very complex to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment